COPPER RIVER / PRINCE WILLIAM SOUND SALMON HARVEST TASK FORCE MEETING
Established in 1991, the Salmon Harvest Task Force (SHTF) is a bi-annual meeting of regional salmon fishery stakeholders and leaders. The meetings are chaired by ADF&G leadership and open to the public. The most recent SHTF meeting was held on May 20, 2017 in Cordova Alaska. The Spring 2017 meeting was a successful reconvening effort that will continue on a bi-annual basis to foster longterm proactive communications between ADF&G management, industry leaders, Area E fishermen, and other stakeholders. The Fall 2017 SHTF meeting will take place on Thursday, October 5, 2017 at 1:30 pm in the Cordova Center in Cordova, Alaska.
Current voting members of the SHTF include:
- CDFU Gillnet Division
- CDFU Seine Division
- Prince William Sound Set Net Association, President
- Prince William Sound / Copper River Fish & Game Advisory Committee, Chairman
- Trident Seafoods
- Ocean Beauty Seafoods
- Copper River Seafoods
- Prince William Sound Aquaculture Center (PWSAC), General Manager
- Peter Pan Seafoods
- Icicle Seafoods
- Valdez Fisheries Development Association
- Subsistence Entity [The SHTF is currently soliciting letters of interest for this seat.]
Honorary non-voting members:
- Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute
- Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation
- Copper River / Prince William Sound Marketing Association
- Alaska Department of Fish & Game, Regional Management
SUBMIT INPUT TO THE TASK FORCE FOR THE FALL 2017 MEETING
Cordova District Fishermen United is currently serving as the organizational lead for the SHTF meetings. CDFU solicits recommended agenda items and topics or questions from Area E fishermen, processors, and stakeholders. Although the deadline for submitting agenda items has now passed for the Fall 2017 meeting, please complete the form below to submit your suggestions or input for the future. If you have specific questions about the task force, or wish to be considered as a new voting member, please submit your inquiries via the form below.
Thank you! We hope you will attend the SHTF on October 5.