COPPER RIVER / PRINCE WILLIAM SOUND SALMON HARVEST TASK FORCE MEETING
Established in 1991, the Copper River/Prince William Sound Salmon Harvest Task Force (SHTF) is a bi-annual meeting of regional salmon fishery stakeholders and leaders. The meetings are chaired by the Alaska Department of Fish & Game regional leadership and open to the public. The most recent SHTF meetings were held in May and October of 2017. These meetings marked the successful reconvening of a task force effort that will continue on a bi-annual basis to foster long-term proactive communications between ADF&G management, industry leaders, Area E fishermen, and other stakeholders.
The SHTF has no authority of its own but is recognized by industry and the Commissioner of the Department of Fish & Game as a body working to represent the interests and objectives of the commercial fishing industry and fisheries stakeholders in the Prince William Sound and Copper River salmon management area. The key objective of the SHTF is to develop and make recommendations to the Department regarding
fisheries management plans.
The Spring 2018 Salmon Harvest Task Force Meeting will take place on
Friday, April 20 at 2 p.m. at the Cordova Center in Cordova, AK.
Current voting members of the SHTF include:
- CDFU Gillnet Division
- CDFU Seine Division
- Prince William Sound Set Net Association, President
- Prince William Sound / Copper River Fish & Game Advisory Committee, Chairman
- Trident Seafoods
- Ocean Beauty Seafoods
- Copper River Seafoods
- Prince William Sound Aquaculture Center (PWSAC), General Manager
- Peter Pan Seafoods
- Icicle Seafoods
- Valdez Fisheries Development Association
- Subsistence Entity [The SHTF is currently soliciting letters of interest for this seat.]
Honorary non-voting members:
- Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute
- Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation
- Copper River / Prince William Sound Marketing Association
- Alaska Department of Fish & Game, Regional Management
SUBMIT INPUT TO THE TASK FORCE FOR THE SPRING 2018 MEETING
Cordova District Fishermen United is currently serving as the organizational lead for the SHTF meetings. CDFU solicits recommended agenda items and topics or questions from Area E fishermen, processors, and stakeholders. Please complete the form below to submit your suggestions or input for the task force members and future meetings. If you have specific questions about the task force, or wish to be considered as a new voting member, please submit your inquiries via the form below.