CDFU JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Open Until Filled
Position Title: CDFU Administrative Assistant/Alternate SERVS Fishing Vessel Administrator (FVA)
Hours: Part-Time (25 hours per week) + seasonal overtime
Position Type: Permanent - 6 month probationary period
Date of Posting: March 28, 2019
Compensation: $16.00 - $19.00 per hour - DOE - Personal & Sick Leave, Holidays
Start Date: Open until filled
Cordova District Fishermen United is a non-profit member organization dedicated to preserving, promoting and
perpetuating the commercial fisheries in the Gulf of Alaska, Prince William Sound (PWS) and the Copper River.
CDFU is looking for an organized, flexible and energetic individual to fill the permanent part-time position of Administrative Assistant/Alternate FVA to maintain comprehensive databases and coordinating Alyeska oil spill training related activities with the SERVS Fishing Vessel Administrator (FVA).
This position reports directly to the CDFU Executive Director, and also takes specific SERVS-based task direction from the SERVS Fishing Vessel Coordinator based out of Valdez. In the event of an actual oil spill in Prince William Sound, this position will participate in response mechanisms and activate the fleet.
Some of the activities to be performed include:
- Database and records management, copying, filing, and general clerical work
- Outreach, communication, fundraising, and membership recruitment
- Bi-annual SERVS training organization & set up, weekly SERVS check-ins
- Assisting in the coordination of CDFU Programs and events with direction from the Executive Director
- Digital and Social Media content creation and management
Suitable applicants will possess:
- Local Cordova residency or ability to relocate; Valid Driver’s License
- Passion for preserving commercial fisheries, fish habitat and our way of life in Prince William Sound
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Professional phone etiquette and customer service experience
- Extensive computer experience, with both Mac and PC; Experience using Excel, Word, Google Suite, etc.
- Ability to multitask and ability to take initiative; highly motivated
- A personable, friendly attitude suitable for front-office engagement with fishermen
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- A semi-flexible schedule to allow for on-call response to periodic drills or spills
- Available for overtime consistent with bi-annual SERVS training (2 weeks mid-end of April, 2 weeks mid-end of
Sept) as well as some CDFU programs that occur on Saturdays
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter describing how your qualifications and experience would be a good match for this position to:
Chelsea Haisman, Executive Director - firstname.lastname@example.org
Re: Administrative Assistant Position